Solved

Stuck - unable to order replacement for lost sim

• 27 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’ve been a customer for a while - recently my sim was lost by a family member - I’m not able to log in as I can’t receive a 2fa code and I’m not able to call or chat (which doesn’t work) - has been an extremely frustrating experience - I just want a sim for a service I’ve been paying for 2 months for!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 June 2022, 00:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I've been having the exact same problem with the chat. It doesn't work on any device I use! 

Terrible service!

I think the problem is a plugin / strict browser settings. If you’re blocking tracking cookies or using plugins like privacy badger / disconnect etc I don’t think the chat widget loads… It didn’t work for me on my iPhone, iPad, Macbook! I found the facebook messenger route to be very good - but obviously an issue if you don’t use facebook! 

Technically, I think a bug should be raised for the issue for the ID mobile tech team - they should be able to detect any blocked third party calls or libraries and give a user a helpful prompt instead of things just not “appearing” - clearly this only affects a small % of users but I think think it is an issue that can be handled via the engineering team.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If online chat doesn't work on your smartphone, try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat with iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

The iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

Good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

And for £5, you can buy a replacement SIM in-store from your nearest Currys.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @r5ingh, the iD social media agents seem to be very helpful - and it’s more likely facebook and Twitter work on a wide range of devices.

I’ve got an iPhone (running iOS 15.5) and use iD’s online chat in Safari - no issues.

Did you try using Firefox on your MacBook Pro?

Anyway, glad you’ve got things sorted.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite  - helpful.

I reactivated my Facebook account and got help through messenger.

The live chat doesn’t work for me on iPhone, (chrome or safari) nor on my MacBook Pro (Chrome or Safari) - I tried different browsers incase it was a extension issue but it just never loaded! (wonder if it’s geolocation locked).

Either way - shouldn’t the fb messenger + twitter ‘channels’ be better advertised for customers on the main website? If I hadn’t have signed up and asked here, I would have just cancelled and moved to another provider due to my poor experience!

I've been having the exact same problem with the chat. It doesn't work on any device I use! 

Terrible service!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Terrible service!

You can also chat privately with iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

@r5ingh got a replacement SIM by using facebook Messenger to chat privately with iD Mobile. 

FYI, I’ve just tried their online live chat, which seems to work okay.

The chat is 100% not working on phone or laptop for me. I have tried different browsers too. 

I have sent a message via Facebook. 

Why iD Mobile?