Solved

Support with my contract

• 22 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey there, I have a few questions about my contract.

First, I travel and communicate frequently to the isle of man. How do text, minutes and roaming work when I'm there?

How does it work when I'm not there and texting and phoning people from the island? Will I be charged? Will they be charged?

Finally, it is regarding e-sim. I know ID Mobile doesn't offer e-sims, but will they be available in the near future? I am changing from an old phone number and still need to use it as it is linked to many personal accounts, but I only have space for one SIM card. Do you have any solutions?

Thanks,
Dom

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 September 2023, 16:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

First, I travel and communicate frequently to the isle of man. How do text, minutes and roaming work when I'm there?

When you’re roaming in the Isle-of-Man (IoM), you can use your plan allowances to call, text, and use roaming mobile data (although the data allowance will be subject to an iD fair usage & open data policy, so could be less than your UK data allowance).

Any out-of-plan use in the IoM would be charged as follows: 

How does it work when I'm not there and texting and phoning people from the island? Will I be charged? Will they be charged?

Most network operators allow free receipt of texts wherever received by the recipient. 
If you’re in the UK and calling/texting an Isle of Man mobile number, it’s can International call or text and not included in your iD plan allowances - hence you’ll be charged. Normally the recipient would only be charged for receiving and International call if they were roaming (i.e. not using their Isle of Man home network).  

I doubt iD Mobile will be providing eSIM support in the near future. 
Their network partner (Three UK) are too busy with 3G switch-off, along with upgrading their 4G and 5G mobile network infrastructures.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Dominic Hubble 

While you’re in the Isle of Man you’ll be able to call/text as normal, however if you’re calling/texting to the Isle of Man while in the UK, you’ll be charged extra as shown above by @andewhite.

In terms of eSIMs we do not offer them and have nothing to announce at this time about future support of them, sorry.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?