Solved

Switching from existing id contract to a new id contract

• 4 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Good Morning, I have made a new contract with ID and have also an existing contract. Can I just insert my existing sim to my new phone and start using? Do I need to cancel the existing contract? My existing mobile number will be automatically imported to my new phone contract?

icon

Best answer by Kash 5 February 2023, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @zahidm55,

Welcome to the Community!

When you purchase a new contract instead of upgrading you would be provided with a new number.

iD Mobile are unable to carry out internal number ports which means that you can’t move your iD Mobile number to the new SIM card.

If you wish to keep the number you will need to look at returning the new contract and upgrading the new one instead.

However if you don’t wish to keep the number you can look at disconnecting the old contract.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Is this still the case?

I have just done the same, switching from expired contract to SIM only. I wsnt to keep the old number, and was told I could. I don't want an upgrade/new handset.

I have been mis-sold if I can't do as I'd asked.

I gave a PAC code, and that won't work for transfer between ID contracts.

This is very frustrating, not exactly customer service.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @DavidTegfan,

You can’t directly transfer with a PAC code from one iD contract to another no.

You can switch to a SIM only from an existing handset contract by upgrading though so I’m not sure why this was not done.

You simply need to log into the acount

Click My Account > Upgrade

Then instead of the handsets, you’ll find a SIM only

From here just select the plan you want and complete the upgrade.

You can then contact us to process a return for the new contract you purchased in error/missold 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?