Solved

switching from sim only to upgraded phone with id mobile

• 7 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to buy an upgrade with idmobile which which would move me from my current sim only contract to a new phone on a 24 month contract.

I want to keep my current phone number.

I have read some community questions/threads that seem to suggest that a PAC code is only used to keep an existing number if you are moving to a new network provider (which I am not).

Is the only way to keep my existing number to use my current sim card in the new phone rather than the one that will be provided under the new contract?

I would prefer to use the new sim if possible (as I assume it will be 5g) but only if it can be registered with my new number.

What are my options?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 8 November 2023, 11:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This forum article should help in this situation @johnmackenzie

You can also discuss your upgrade options with the iD sales team. 
Call them on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Thanks for this but none of the topics in the articles access my questions about keeping my current phone number when switching from SIM only to a new phone and new contract with the same provider. Any other things you can direct me to that I may have missed?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you follow exactly the procedures iD have described for changing or upgrading your plan online, you keep your number @johnmackenzie

Just make sure you are logged-in to your iD account online when changing or upgrading. 
Sign-in at https://my.idmobile.co.uk - your iD online account should have some change and upgrade options.  

Otherwise, you can always discuss your upgrade options with the iD telephone sales team, by calling 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @johnmackenzie 

As long as what you’re processing is an upgrade and not a new contract entirely you’ll keep the same number.

If you’re moving from another network to join iD Mobile this (while possibly an upgrade to you) would be classed as a new contract, you’ll need a PAC code from the old provider to move to us.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?