Question

Switching mess

I am switching to ID from Vodaphone ad when inputting my PAC and number details I inadvertently put my sons mobile number in and not mine!  How do I cancel the switch?? 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The port will fail if the telephone number and PAC do not match.

The Pac and the number match - my son already has an ID mobile number and I gave that number rather than the one from my new SIM

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure how your PAC can work @Emma Jones 71.

If you’re using a PAC from Vodafone, to transfer the number you want to keep from Vodafone to iD Mobile, then how can a Vodafone PAC be used with your son’s existing iD Mobile number to transfer his number from iD to ID?

I am switching from Vodaphone, I have a PAC, I filled in the ID form online and where it said what is your ID mobile number (ie the one for my new SIM) i put my sons number (i read the wrong email).

So my Vodaphone number will transfer to my sons number not mine!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably best to contact an iD advisor - use their live chat service https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The advisors work until 8pm on weekdays.

The chat bot couldn’t cope 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try typing “talk to a person” after connecting on live chat - that’ll avoid the annoying bot.
🍀

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The Pac and the number match - my son already has an ID mobile number and I gave that number rather than the one from my new SIM

Are you saying that you entered your son’s mobile number and your son’s PAC when completing the porting authority form on your iD Mobile account? Your original post implied you used your PAC but entered your son’s mobile number. If the former, then you need to act fast!

Good luck 🤞🏻 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Emma Jones 71 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?