Solved

switching netwroks and keeping my number

• 21 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there, 

I've recently switched from three requested a PAC code when I switched to id mobile out in the PAC code the date I wanted it to switch over and sorted it however it never switched over so I tried to do it on id mobile myself but it says error something went wrong.

I did order a new contracted pixel 8 and also picked a previous transfer date to change my number but didn't like the phone so they cancelled everything (I used the same PAC code) and I'm lead to believe they never transferred the number.

But my number is still not my old number and I have everything linked to my old number I just want to get it back.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 21 February 2024, 17:04

View original

6 replies

Ok so I found my SIM to the contract I cancelled and it is infact my old number I want to keep and surprisingly it still has data 🤔 but it's not on the SIM monthly plan I've switched to so I need this number from this id mobile SIM onto another id mobile SIM is this all doable 😂🤦

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Alas, not possible @EdgeyUK.

iD Mobile can’t/won’t transfer a mobile number from one iD contract to another iD contract. 

You’ll need to get a PAC and switch the number you want to keep to a new service provider, and then switch it back to the iD contract you want to use going forward.

It’s a faff, and usually takes several days or more.

🍀

But I cancelled the prior contract because I didn't like the phone however rmy number is still on this id mobile SIM, can I not just keep this SIM and bring the plan over 😂 

So basically my old number is now with id mobile but with the wrong SIM card.

It's such a faff and I've missed 2 telephone calls appointments of a serious nature and it's all getting to me now just need it all sorting I appreciate it's sort of my own mess tho just trying to work through it so thanks for the assist.

So can I change my number to a different network and change it back without paying for another plan?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @EdgeyUK, when a different network uses your PAC (from iD), the iD account linked with the PAC request is closed, and the ‘old’ iD SIM disconnected from the iD network. The mobile number you want keep is transferred to the different network. 

All this happens as part of the mobile switching process, @EdgeyUK.

Ultimately, you’ll end up just paying for the ‘new’ iD contract.

🍀 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @EdgeyUK 

As suggested by @andewhite we wouldn’t be able to move a number from one iD Mobile plan to another directly, you may need to move the number to another network before then moving it to the desired iD Mobile plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?