Question

switching old number across

• 25 January 2024
  • 12 replies

I had joined id mobile on the 14th Jan and through no choice was informed that my switch date would be the 29th Jan .

I'D website states that switching can be done in 48 hours!!!

After messaging ID they kindly agreed to bringing the switch date forward to the 23rd. This still has not happened. 

I am stuck with not being able to use banking apps and work apps that require 2 factor authentication. 

And have had contact now with 6 different members of staff who constantly ask me the same thing I'd details which is on my trail of messages.

Up to now which is almost 2 weeks later my old number still has not been switched across.

Please help

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your old service provider’s SIM card still active, @Mandy.k?  

It is no longer active 

I had received notification on the 23rd of the notification  of my sky mobile contract 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your Sky Mobile SIM stopped working on the 23td, iD should be working on your switch.

If you’ve got an iD online account, does the number you wanted to keep appear in your online iD account, @Mandy.k?

No 

My ID mobile number is on my online account 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Mandy.k, I’m confused. 

Sky would not deactivate your Sky Mobile SIM card and close your Sky Mobile account, unless iD Mobile have started the switch using the PAC you submitted, or you told Sky Mobile to close your Sky Mobile account.

I'm confused too

I've messaged the helpdesk they said my switch would be completed by 10pm on the 23rd .

When ringing my old number from my landline it does not connect.

If ID has started the switch it has not completed as of yet

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It does seem strange, @Mandy.k

1. When you gave your Sky Mobile PAC to iD Mobile, you asked to switch on 29-Jan-2024.
  2. You wanted to switch sooner, so you asked iD Mobile to change your switch to 23-Jan-2024.
  3. On 23-Jan, your Sky SIM card stopped working, but the number you wanted to keep has not switched to iD Mobile.

I suggest using the iD online Live Chat, Facebook Messenger, or X DM and speak to iD support privately. Perhaps ask for an update on your switch - it seems to have began, but remains incomplete.

Something isn’t right, but it’ll take much longer to resolve here in this online forum.

Thankyou for taking the time to help.

I have been using the online live chat .

Just to be told that I will receive a message once my number has been switched across. Its in the hands of the tech team

Not a very good experience but suppose will have to wait it out .

My other option would be to cancel. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could also make a formal complaint, @Mandy.k

Might be quicker, as iD Mobile claim they resolve most complaints within 7-days. 

The online Live Chat support is a bit of a lottery in my experience. I’ve always got better iD support when using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter) DM. 

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mandy.k 

I’d recommend keeping in touch via the live chat about this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?