Solved

Switching problem

• 22 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Ask for my mobile to be switched yesterday but not happened. Live chat is a nightmare, how to I chase this?? 

icon

Best answer by Andrew Lord 26 April 2023, 22:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hiya, if you have switched ported your number through the ID Mobile app then this can take a few days to process (Usually up to 72 hours) due to delays in the porting process. 

Thanks for the reply. Completed the switching form when I bought the SIM card last Monday and stated to complete the switch on Friday (yesterday). Still nothing.  

Userlevel 3

In the ID Mobile app, has the account updated to show your new number?

It could be worth looking to see if in the app it will allow you to fill out another porting request with a fresh PAC code from your previous network. As it’s been longer than 72 hours since you requested the port and your old sim is still active then it’s safe to say that the porting hasn’t worked and has failed at some point.

Just to check, you’re not attempting to swap from ID Mobile to ID Mobile are you?

New number on app and I'm porting from Plusnet. Tried getting a new pac but says I've still got an active one and can't request another as this one is live for a month. 

When I try and use switch on app it comes up with an error message 

Userlevel 3

Working on the timescale that’s elapsed and you can’t process another porting request you’ll need to get in touch through the ID Live Chat system to request for them to look into it for you. 

This can be found here → https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

They are open 9am-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

Hopefully all sorted after chatting on the Live Chat. This Friday and they gave me £10 credit for the inconvenience 👍🏻🤞🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Andrew Lord,

Glad to hear this is all sorted now!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?