Solved

Switching to iD from Three

• 29 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

First of all, I haven't been able to switch my number to iD for the last 5 days as I get a message saying the code will expire too soon. I've just tried to get a new PAC code from Three and they've told me anyway that I can't switch from Three to iD as they use the same network and won't give me a PAC until the old one expires anyway.

Nowhere during the order process was this mentioned but I see other people have successfully switched

I'm about to initiate a phone return if this isn't possible as I was not told this.

Can anyone confirm this I correct?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 January 2024, 13:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Smuggler, you can switch to iD from Three UK - not sure why Three say you can’t. 

A PAC is valid for 30-days. When does you PAC expire, @Smuggler? 

You can also submit a PAC via the iD online Live Chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat. 

🤞

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite,

Thanks for this, I'm not sure why they said it but I told a luve chat operator from iD and they did not disagree.

The code expires on 31/1/2024 but I've been trying since 26th to swap.

Maybe I will try live chat again, thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It appears if your switch is due to complete within 4-5 days of the PAC expiry date, the online iD switching form can reject the PAC. Not sure why iD do this, @Smuggler. 

If you submitted your PAC before 17:30 today, the switch to iD should to be completed on 30-Jan-2024 (tomorrow). 

Userlevel 1

andewhite, I have just had live chat process and confirm, all going through, thanks for your help. Not sure what all the misinformation was about, so frustrating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Smuggler,

Glad to hear that it is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?