Solved

text message wont send

• 23 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I have added a new contact and have tried to text message them but the message is failing to send. How do I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Lauren 27 April 2024, 10:56

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Danielle Magee, is it only the NEW contact you can’t text - can you text your other contacts?

Yes it's a new contact, I can text the old contacts.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Danielle Magee. 

If you can text all your contacts, except the just added contact, perhaps some contact details are incorrect. 

What happens if you don’t use the information from contacts, but enter the mobile number directly when you compose the text message? 

Hi, I've checked the number and text it from a friends phone, it's correct. I have tried just entering the number and it's the same thing, coming up as failed. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is it a UK mobile number, @Danielle Magee? 

If yes, then it’s possible iD Mobile might consider it’s a non-standard mobile number, which wouldn’t be included in your text allowance.

It's a standard UK number.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It's a standard UK number.

Have you looked at the list of mobile numbers, which iD Mobile classify as being non-standard, @Danielle Magee?

Check at https://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/non-standard-07-numbers-v2.pdf.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Danielle Magee, welcome to the community!

There could be a few reasons for this issue. If you’ve just transferred a number over to iD, your number may not be reflecting correctly in your settings and instead be showing the temporary iD number. This can stop people from sending and/or receiving texts on occasion. 

It may also be worthwhile checking what network the recipient is on in case there’s a number routing issue, or asking them if they’ve had issues with receiving texts from other people in the past.

If you still need assistance with this, just let us know and we’ll be happy to send you a PM to investigate further.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?