Solved

Thinking of Switching to ID

• 30 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m thinking of switching to ID mobile. I just switched for my elderly father and had issues and customer service was terrible but got there in the end. 
The good thing is that the sim only deals are super cheap. 
Anyone switched from EE to ID? 
is it better signal? 

what happens when 12 month contract is up? 

many thanks 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 30 October 2023, 13:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you sign-up for a 12-month MINIMUM term SIM only plan @Denton, there will be an early termination charge, should you decide to leave after the cooling off period ends, and before the MINIMUM term has finished.

Once the minimum term has completed, the plan automatically becomes a rolling 1-month contract on an ongoing basis.

🍀

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andy, do they normally put the prices up mid contract? And when the 12 months contract is up do they raise the price normally? 

thank you 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD SIM only plans don’t usually have price increases during the contract minimum term.
The price is normally the same during the 12-month minimum term.

I switched from Virgin Mobile to iD, when Virgin Mobile were using the EE network.
In the locations I used my handset, I didn’t notice any real difference in coverage and reception.

I’d recommend getting a PAYG iD SIM to test the real-world coverage/reception in the locations most important to you @Denton, before deciding to switch.

Userlevel 1

Great thanks you 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Denton 

Welcome to the iD Community.

We’d recommend using the iD Mobile coverage checker to see if our approximations give the areas important to you a good signal.

Of course should you find that signal isn’t great for you, you’ll be able to cancel early on in your contract on this basis.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?