Question

Track roaming uaage

• 19 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I can't see how to track my usage of EU roaming data, either on the app or the web site.

I can see my total data usage but I need to check how much of my roaming allowance I've used.

I know my phone will keep an estimate, but I want to see the figure which iDmobile has logged.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @David56,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we don’t specifically log roaming data.

The best way to track the data is to check how much data you have when you enter the roaming country and when you leave.

Alternatively you can check your data usage via your phone settings and changing the date periods.

Kash

Hi @David56,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we don’t specifically log roaming data.

The best way to track the data is to check how much data you have when you enter the roaming country and when you leave.

Alternatively you can check your data usage via your phone settings and changing the date periods.

Kash

Thanks, all that is obvious, but this seems strange.  Does iD Mobile not log the amount of roaming data?  If not, how can they check if I’m exceeding the monthly roaming allowance?

David

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps iD Mobile meant although their systems record roaming mobile data use, it’s not readily accessible to individual customers, @David56. 

Do you know if any of the UK mobile networks provide this information?  

Perhaps iD Mobile meant although their systems record roaming mobile data use, it’s not readily accessible to individual customers, @David56. 

Do you know if any of the UK mobile networks provide this information?  

Yes, I’ve just moved from Giffgaff (because of the higher roaming allowance), which shows you your total data use, and your roaming data use for the current month.  I was surprised that iD Mobile doesn’t provide the information and assumed I must have missed a setting somewhere.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, I’ve just moved from Giffgaff (because of the higher roaming allowance), which shows you your total data use, and your roaming data use for the current month.  I was surprised that iD Mobile doesn’t provide the information and assumed I must have missed a setting somewhere.

I’d guess iD Mobile and giffgaff don’t use the same Total Metering & Billing System supplier. 

At least iD mobile provide a WiFi Calling service, which seems to be a major omission with giffgaff.

I’d guess iD Mobile and giffgaff don’t use the same Total Metering & Billing System supplier. 

At least iD mobile provide a WiFi Calling service, which seems to be a major omission with giffgaff.

Oh sure, I moved for a reason.  But iD Mobile must be collecting the data, so it seems odd not to supply it to the user.

Why iD Mobile?