Solved

Trade In Offer Not Received

• 29 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Good evening. I have recently bought a Samsung S21 FE with a 24 month contract from ID Mobile. I chose this because it included a Trade In Offer on my old Samsung Device of £200 on top of the value of the actual device. I sent my device off to Dixons Carphone. I included the offer in the post eith my trade in device and wrote them a letter asking to please make sure this offer was enabled. I hadn't heard anything for 4 days despite the trade in letter saying after receipt of the handset the money would be sent to my account within 1 working day. I emailed Carphone Dixon today and they have replied saying they are sending me £8. I have asked who pays me my £200 offer and I am waiting for a reply. I have tried Live Chat and being told they have nothing to do with trade ins. I have been in store and they have said they can't do anything either. I must say that the customer service from ID Mobile is very poor. I have moved to ID Mobile from Three and I cannot wait to leave ID now. I have taken a 2nd contract for my partner with ID Mobile and wanted to claim the same trade in offer as above for her old device. I am going to cancel this contract as it is still within 14 days because I have no confidence in ID Mobile / Carphone Dixons / Currys after this saga unfortunately and go back to Three Mobile...that says something!  Please Can anyone here help me obtain my extra £200 trade in offer? I have followed all of the terms and conditions and done everything within the specified dates. I have screenshots of everything too. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 30 April 2022, 09:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Any trade in offer agreement would be between you and Curry’s…

Try reaching out for help on one of their social platforms:

Failing that, you can raise a complaint:

https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B7cb87850-d849-11de-e56d-000000000000%7D

I appreciate that a trade in offer may be between me and Currys or Carphone Dixon however ID Mobile are advertising this through their website and selling it to their customers. I haven't received what was promised so I would suggest this is false advertising or at the very least a misleading advert. It will be interesting to see what Trading Standards think. Amazing how many complaints people have with using ID Mobile. I should have done more research before choosing this provider I think. Thanks for your reply however. I have contacted Currys but ultimately I believe it will be carphone warehouse as that is where the trade in handset was sent. I will contact them today in store. I feel likr cancelling my direct debit and sending the handset back. So diss-jointed this company.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I'm just a customer like you, and I'm definitely no legal expert either.

Cancelling a direct debit and/or posting a phone off to someone or some company will not terminate a service agreement. All you're going to achieve is a ruined credit score, a missing phone (two if you include the trade in device) and being chased by debt collection agencies.

Anyway, one of the iD Mobile community staff will likely respond to your post, but expect a wait time of two or three days. While you wait, it's worth using those social links I posted above.

Good Luck!

Why iD Mobile?