Transfer Old Number

• 25 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I received a text message from ID mobile telling me my number has switched to ID Mobile and my account with my previous provider has been disconnected.

I've turned my phone off and restarted it but my number still hasn't switched and my family have been trying to call my old number and new number but neither of them work.

Can you tell me how I can make sure my old number has switched to ID Mobile please.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Number transfers don’t happen immediately on the transfer date @Emma Louise 22.

There can be several hours between your old provider’s SIM no longer working, and the number you want to keep working with your iD SIM card.
When I transferred my number to iD Mobile, I had no service for around 5-hours.

What date were you given for your number transfer @Emma Louise 22?

Thanks for your response. The transfer date was today and I received the text from ID Mobile this afternoon.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Emma Louise 22, online iD Mobile advise that your number will be transferred between 8am and 10pm, on your transfer date.

Is the number you wanted to keep showing in your iD account online yet?

Hopefully yours will be completed well before 10pm.
🤞

Ok hopefully it will be done today. No the number I want to keep isn't showing on my online account yet.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Normally most number transfers to iD Mobile are completed by 5pm.

I’d advise leaving the phone with your iD SIM turned OFF.
Just check back every 45-minutes, and leave the phone OFF between checking.

Good luck @Emma Louise 22.

My number seems to have transferred for my calls but it hasn't for my text messages. Do you know why this has happened?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This often happens if you’re using iMessage on iPhone, or RCS messaging on Android.

It can occur if you’ve used your handset and your new iD SIM card together BEFORE your number has been transferred to iD Mobile.
If this happens, Apple or Google register the handset device as being linked to the number initially allocated by iD Mobile for your SIM card.

The quick fix is to turn off iMessage, or “Chat features” (RCS messaging on Android), so your text messages are sent by SMS alone. 

The following community article has some tips for fixing the problem.

Good luck @Emma Louise 22

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Emma Louise 22 

Have you tried the above from @andewhite?

Are you on an iPhone or Android device?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?