Solved

Transfer old phone number with previous network to ID mobile

• 10 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! Does anyone know how I can check the progress of my phone number switch from my old network to ID mobile? I haven’t heard anything from my old provider or received any update from ID.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 10 July 2023, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @mikeypeake, at what point did you give the PAC from your ‘old’ provider to iD Mobile?

Did you submit the PAC at point-of-purchase from iD?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thank you for your response! I submitted the PAC number with ID on Saturday 8th July which was when I set up my new phone (I originally purchased the phone on Friday 7th July)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

June or July?
If you did this in June, then something’s amiss @mikeypeake

Userlevel 1

@andewhite apologies! July!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @mikeypeake, in that case your number transfer should take place tomorrow. 

Also, it’s worth noting number transfers aren’t immediate - you may experience loss of service between your ‘old’ provider’s SIM becoming inactive, and the number you want to keep working with your iD SIM card. When I switched my number to iD, I had no service for approx. 5-hours, and my transfer completed around 3pm. 

Userlevel 1

@andewhite ah that’s super helpful! Thank you! I’ll see what happens tomorrow :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@andewhite ah that’s super helpful! Thank you! I’ll see what happens tomorrow :)

Hey @mikeypeake,

Port should complete today.

If not, let us know.

Mohammed

Hi, this is becoming a bit of a joke.

Trying to port my old number over for two days with no joy, managed to speak to an actual human being yesterday who assured me that it would be done today 14/12/23 UK and guess what 😞.

The iD sim will be going back today.

If this is of any interest to anyone, my phone has two sim slots, in slot 1 iD mobile, in slot 2 the Three network.

The Three sim is much better than iD whatever slot you put it in, better data signal and faster, what's that all about then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TontoJones 

I’m sorry to hear you’re returning the iD Mobile SIM card, our service should be exactly the same to what Three UK provide in terms of connection, signal and speeds.

What issues have you had porting to us? If the port is due today, 14/12 it’ll take between 8am and 10pm.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?