Question

Transferring number via pacs and carphone wearhouse

• 21 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I bought my new pay monthly through car phone wearhouse and entered my pacs code at the time. I've received multiple texts and emails with mixed messages if my old number is being transferred. One text says today, one text has given me a new number, one email is telling me how to switch numbers 

Any guidance or way to track if my number is changing? Is it normal to be given a new number first before my number comes across?

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Timk, do you have a record of the switching date you chose at the point-of-purchase from Carphone Warehouse (CPW)?

If not, I’m sure CPW will have a record of the switching date you selected when you ordered.

The iD SIM card - for your new connection to the iD Mobile network - should’ve been delivered with your new CPW contract handset. New connections alway get a new mobile number, so if you use your new iD SIM before your chosen switching date, you’ll be using the new mobile number instead of the number you wanted to keep.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Timk 

You’ll always be given a new iD Mobile number at the beginning of your contract, this number will be on the SIM card before the number transfer occurs, as well as emails about how to transfer are automatic.

Have you had any texts about the port being scheduled or taking place?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?