Solved

Transmitter upgrade

• 29 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Is there any webpage that let’s us know of any additional transmitters or the upgrading of new ones for this network?  This network does not have the greatest signals at my gym and videos just stutter a lot.  Luckily, I have a dual SIM phone and a work contract with another provider that I fall back on but this doesn’t have much data allowance.

icon

Best answer by JoeKing 30 January 2024, 11:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

To answer your question mast up grades and decommissions of mast hardly get posted openly for many reason. But if you have or know anyone that uses network 3 you could ask them to report a fault on the post code or locations that you having problems. You/ they need to speak to the Tech department here they can give you information on recently reported faults, planned or unplanned maintenance work along with mast in set area and the one's being used for that number in real time.

What happens a lot in busy areas a mast may gets congested and is rerouted because of the demand, they don't always get route to the nearest mast (many factors have an impact on this) 

Yes bit long in the tooth but anything worth a shot if you have the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Crispy123,

Welcome to the Community!

You can check the coverage and network status in a specific area using the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage.

If no issues show on the link we can escalate it to see if there is any issues in the area.

Kash

To answer your question mast up grades and decommissions of mast hardly get posted openly for many reason. But if you have or know anyone that uses network 3 you could ask them to report a fault on the post code or locations that you having problems. You/ they need to speak to the Tech department here they can give you information on recently reported faults, planned or unplanned maintenance work along with mast in set area and the one's being used for that number in real time.

What happens a lot in busy areas a mast may gets congested and is rerouted because of the demand, they don't always get route to the nearest mast (many factors have an impact on this) 

Yes bit long in the tooth but anything worth a shot if you have the time. 

Thanks Joe

I already checked the coverage map and the area I was in isn’t the best place for connectivity hence why I was asking about transmitter upgrades.

I’m only on a cheap SIM only contract so I’ll suffer a bit and maybe jump ship early.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Crispy123,

We don’t provide any information about current or future mast upgrades or maintenance.

The network status would only show maintenance or an outage in a specific area by using the postcode.

If you confirm your postcode we can check it out?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?