Solved

Trapped by the Cap abroad - so I guess ID mobile is useless abroad?

• 6 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m abroad for three weeks and have managed to go to the £25 cap. I’ve tried paying off my bill early to remove the cap, but that doesn’t work. I’ve tried increasing the cap, but the system won’t let me. I’ve looked at buying more add ons, but the add ons specifically say they won’t increase the cap and there are no international/roaming add-ons.

I’m abroad for 10 more days and desperately need some data to use Uber to get around an American city with rubbish public transport. I’m really frustrated with ID Mobile’s set up on this. It seems to trap you in an impossible cycle without warning.

I’m definitely moving to a new provider unless there is any way around this. 

icon

Best answer by Lauren 8 May 2023, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @pleasehelp20102038. You should be able to raise your spending cap up to £75. We’ll be happy to take a closer look into this for you seeing as the app/your account won’t reflect the changes you’re trying to make.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?