Question

Trouble transferring old number HELP!!

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

HI,

I bought a new mobile two days ago that has arrived today. When purchasing i was asked if i would like to keep my old number. I said yes and entered the PAC code.

MY new phone has arrived today along with my ID Mobile sim.

It seems that i now have a new number and my old number has not been transferred. 

I have spoken to the place i ordered and they tell me that everything is in order but it is not.

Will my number transfer over? If so when, i thought this would have been done? What should i do?

I downloaded the ID Mobile app on my new phone and in the app it has my new number i do not want.

Please help asap. Pretty annoyed….

Waiting,

DP1710

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @DP1710,

Do you still have the SIM from your old service provider?

If so, pop it in an unlocked phone and see if it is still active - if your old SIM is still active, then the port hasn’t happened yet.

FYI, OFCOM’s rules state the gaining network provider (i.e. iD Mobile) is 100% responsible for getting the number ported over.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @DP1710, please drop the Live Chat team a message to get an update on the status of your number port.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @DP1710, please drop the Live Chat team a message to get an update on the status of your number port.

Thank you,

Rory

Okay @Rory, think @DP1710 managed to get through using live chat - see this thread

Why iD Mobile?