Question

Trying to cancel a new contract - live chat not working for me

• 1 December 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I started a new contract 11 days ago and my new Motorola Razr 40 Ultra’s screen has already developed a fault on the screen. I want to cancel and return the phone rather than exchange because it’s a two-year contract and I now have absolutely no faith that the same model of phone simply won’t fail again in a short time.

But using the ID mobile website is absolutely infuriating. Every time I look up cancelling a contract it directs me to a Live Chat but when I click it opens the community page and directs me to log in. I try to login and it throws me back to my dashboard where I can’t find any help. I have resorted to logging into community via my Facebook (different email address) and I can post on here but that is it. I need to speak to someone at ID Mobile to get this contract cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period. How do I do that please?

Thanks

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately iD staff usually only check forum posts once a day, but sometimes less frequently, @Neil Gerrard.  

If you’re having trouble using Live Chat, perhaps reachout to iD customer services using: 

• Private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • DM on X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 1

Exactly the same issue with the same phone. I have now been on live chat for 2 and a half hours. I have signed a new contract with a different phone but i cant seem to get this one sent back and contract cancelled. I just keep getting cut off the chat now.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Exactly the same issue with the same phone.

I just keep getting cut off the chat now.

If you’re having trouble using Live Chat, perhaps reachout to iD customer services using: 

• Private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • DM on X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 1

Pretty much exactly 3 hours on live chat and i have managed to get my issue sorted. Wow what a waste of time.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Pretty much exactly 3 hours on live chat and i have managed to get my issue sorted. Wow what a waste of time.

Don’t count your chickens just yet @rogsmith.

🤞 

Userlevel 1

Thanks all. Managed to get the contract cancelled eventually. Couldn’t get on live chat, couldn’t get a response on social media. So eventually I rang the sales line who sounded exasperated and clearly have to deal with this a lot. They passed me to Carphone Warehouse, who in turn passed me to ID Mobile complaints and I got it sorted with them. Except they then advised me that to return the phone I could either post it or take it to my local Carphone Warehouse. Stupidly, I opted for the latter and of course they then told me they couldn’t take the phone. Been an ID Mobile customer for years but haven’t ever really had a problem like this - their customer service is an absolute shambles. 

Strong chance that if I can get this phone taken back and have been out back onto my SIM only deal I will desert ID altogether because this has been a massive waste of time. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Neil Gerrard  and @rogsmith I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you have had with speaking with someone and getting your returns sorted. We have been very busy recently, so haven’t been as available as we would like I’m afraid. If there is anything we can do to help from here, please let us know.

Userlevel 1

I managed to get the details to return my phone at which time when received im told the contract will be cancelled.

However i signed up for another phone on an exact same contract but this has failed as i havent met the criteria. How is that possible. 

What a complete waste of time and i still have to sort another phone with a different company and get my number transferred.

Thanks id, never again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @rogsmith,

Processing multiple credit checks within a short space of time may result in the credit check being declined.

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that the credit check will be accepted until it’s completed.

Kash

My wife needs to cancel her contract. It's still within 14 days. Who can one speak to please? These guys are terrible. 

Please someone should respond to me. My wife just got a new sim contract but it has been impossible to port her number from EE and no one to speak to. Please how can she cancel this contract? If she doesn't get anyone to attend to her, I will cancel the direct debit and write to the bank. Enough of this rubbish of going through hell to get help. 

@Neil Gerrard  please what number did you call to cancel the contract? Can you please help me. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Neil Gerrard  please what number did you call to cancel the contract? Can you please help me. 

Try calling 7777 from your iD SIM card, @Oguche01.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Oguche01,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require further assistance?

Please feel free to get back to us here and we can help you out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?