Question

Two ID mobile contracts help switching number

• 9 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Basically I ordered an Xiaomi 13t on id mobile from car phone warehouse, I received no order confirmation and waited two weeks, I rang car phone warehouse to check if my order had gone through they told me they had received no order from me.

I then ordered a pixel 7a on id mobile as the 13t was no longer in stock only to receive an email three days later to say my Xiaomi 13t was on the way! 

I've contacted car phone warehouse to return the Pixel, that was fine, the problem is I requested to change my old number to the pixel 7a, it has transferred onto the 7a sim contract. How do I now transfer my old number onto the Xiaomi 13t id sim contract? I tried requesting a PAC code to be told I will be charged the full price of the pixel 7a that I am returning. 

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Samuel_Boyd, if you return your Pixel 7a within the cooling off period of the Pixel contract (and your return is processed correctly), the network connection for your unwanted Pixel contract should be changed to PAYG. 

Thereafter, you can get a PAC for this PAYG account, for the number you want to keep, and avoid an early termination charge.

Only issue remaining being you cannot transfer a mobile number from iD account (network connection) to another iD account, so you’ll have to undertake a triangle port to move the number you want to keep to the Xiaomi contract’s network connection.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Samuel_Boyd 

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite, when you return the Pixel 7a plan, it’ll convert from the Pay Monthly to a PAYG plan, simply so that a PAC code can be request and taken to another provider.

You won’t be able to use this PAC code directly with iD Mobile as we unfortunately don’t offer same network switching.

You’ll need to take the PAC code from the Pixel 7a plan, to another network’s PAYG plan, and then from that PAYG plan, to the Xiaomi plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?