Solved

Ugrade from handset to sim only

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have recently upgraded from a handset monthly contract to a sim only monthly contract and my ID app and website are not showing my new monthly rental. I used my early upgrade to only go to sim only. 

I got email confirmations that my sim will arrive in the post with a brand new number and I got an email to sign up to Id mobile yet I upgraded through the app on my account.

it would be great if someone could help!! 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 30 March 2023, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you got a message about a brand new number, it sounds like your upgrade may’ve gone wrong @Joduffy02.

It seems like you’ve not upgraded, but purchased a new SIM only contract.

Are you sure you’d logged-in to your “My iD Account” online (or iD app), and selected one of the upgrade options showing in your iD account? 

Yes, I clicked on the ugrade offers through my app and ordered it through there. 

I will just have to return it and upgrade again! 

Userlevel 3

I have recently upgraded from a handset monthly contract to a sim only monthly contract and my ID app and website are not showing my new monthly rental. I used my early upgrade to only go to sim only. 

I got email confirmations that my sim will arrive in the post with a brand new number and I got an email to sign up to Id mobile yet I upgraded through the app on my account.

it would be great if someone could help!! 

Hey there @Joduffy02, thank you for contacting us. As mentioned by @andewhite, sometimes it can be confused when making an upgrade order, and a new contract is instead ordered. If you’re unhappy with this being the case, then there are three options you can follow.

1. Cancel your new contract, then upgrade on your old/current contract or keep the old one running
  2. Cancel your old contract and continue with your new one (You would lose your old contract phone number)
  3. Keep both contracts (Obviously you would be liable to pay for both)

@andewhite Thank you for your assistance on this :) 

Best wishes,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?