Question

Unable to Change Plan

• 8 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I recently wanted to increase my data by changing plan. I didn't realise you could do that through the app, so I gave it a go. Turns out that unlimited data is only 50p more expensive than my current plan, so I tried to confirm the plan change. Every time I've tried (on both the site and app), I'm given a generic error. So I tried to contact ID Mobile support. They said I have no plans to change to, even though I meet all of the eligibility criteria. Both agents I contacted gave different reasons. One said wait another 30 days, another said my contract is too close to its end. Neither are mentioned in ID's documentation. Some key facts:

- I've been on a contract since 2021

- The plan I am upgrading to is more expensive than my current one

- I have tried through both the website and app

- Support have referred me to complaints as they cannot adjust my plan on their end

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve made a complaint, iD say they aim to resolve your complaint in the initial contact/discussion, and most complaints are resolved within 7-days. 

Otherwise, it could be a lucky-dip with their online Live Chat. 

Have you tried contacting iD privately using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM? 
The agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @aidanln,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get in touch with somebody?

If you require further assistance, please let us know here and we can help.

Kash

Hi @Kash,

Thank you! No one has contacted me just yet. Might you be able to assist me in this matter?

Cheers,

Aidan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@aidanln,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?