Question

unable to claim "Currys" reward

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I referred myself under a different email and signed up via the  link, I joined id and received an email to my second email to click a link to submit account number for refer-a-friend

Clicking this link goes to the original refer a friend page where you enter email to start refer a friend process AND NOT a page to enter account number.  I’ve met all requested criteria of sending link from original email/account to new email and using this link to create new account on separate email but I cannot claim the rewards advertised.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @meeeeee 

Please see the following from our iD Mobile Refer a Friend T&C’s.

“7. The Referrer cannot refer themselves.”

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions-refer-a-friend

Tom

So what you are saying is that the T&Cs are contradictory to the advertised promotion which states:-

Can I buy a plan on my friend or family member's behalf?

You can purchase a plan on behalf of a friend or family member, but please note that you will not be able to use the same email address you used when signing up to the Refer-a-Friend scheme. If you do happen to use the same email address, the Refer-a-Friend reward will not be issued. The personal details you enter when purchasing a plan should also be your own as we will be carrying out the standard checks, including a credit check.

The plan will remain in your name and cannot be transferred under your friend or family member's name once set up. If your friend or family member would like the plan to be in their name, they'll need to purchase the plan themselves.

You can purchase up to 5 plans per household under the Refer-a-Friend scheme.

The deciding factor in choosing ID over other providers for my son’s phone was the advertised offer but now I’ve joined you are not honouring the deal, despite me meeting all of your advertised requirement.s If this is the case, is it not deception/fraud?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @meeeeee,

Can you please send us a link to where you are seeing this and we can advise further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?