Solved

Unable to launch Live Chat

• 25 August 2022
  • 5 replies

For the Attention of iD mobile

I’m using the latest version of Google Chrome but the Live Chat will not launch. I have followed ALL of the instructions/advice that apply to this situation but with no different result. The SIM that I had been using was in a Mifi router that is now turned off so I cannot (and have not been able to) receive information to the telephone number. I wish to cancel the contract but have not been unable to find a way to contact you. The contract is a monthly contract with a termination notice period of 30 days.

Yesterday I posted notification of cancellation of contract via Royal Mail certificate of posting and Royal Mail signed for service.

Regards,

Steve

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 August 2022, 08:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried using https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat incognito?

You can contact iD Mobile for (private) assistance with your plan’s cancellation through iD Mobile’s social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

Any out-of-hours messages on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Anyway, good luck.

Have tried the incognito route - same result. 😬

I do not do Facebook or Twitter or any other social media. I suppose the id mobile business case is based on very cheap customer support - fraught with access issues judging by other peoples problems.

Seems like iD do not monitor Trustpilot either.

I only need a SIM card for a couple of months a year (volunteering) - difficult to see me using iD again next year.

If the bailiffs come knocking at my door it will be Rip Off Britain, Martin Lewis and court!! Have a lot of evidence that clearly demonstrates that I have tried very hard and spent a lot of time trying to tell them I want to terminate the contract. I will not cancel the Direct Debit until late September. Seems that I am being very reasonable 😁. 

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Steve10, you can also cancel your plan by calling 0800 049 0250.

Good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FYI @Steve10, tried live chat in MS Edge (Version 104.0.1293.63), in an InPrivate window, which seemed to work:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Steve10 

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with launching the Live Chat service, I’ve tried myself on my side and I’m able to launch without fault, I’d always recommend trying other browsers and devices.

If you’re looking to cancel your contract with us I’d recommend checking out the page on this here!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?