Question

Unable to make calls, send sms messages or receive mobile data

• 28 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

This appears to have been an issue on the threads before relating to 3 Three mobile services.

However, as I am paying yourselves for these services on an ID Mobile Sim card, I need some assistance. Your live chat links do not even work and calling you is either costly or takes far too long and I cannot even make calls (even calling 7777 fails to ring out/connect).

In the past month, my phone data has completely stopped working, cannot make/receive calls, send or receive texts, browse internet etc on mobile data. I have put this SIM in another unlocked phone and I get the same results. So it is not the handset. I can put in my friends SIM from another provider and use it just fine when testing.

I have checked my account online and I have a bundle active right now with unlimited mins/texts and 4GB of data which is mostly unused (As I cannot even use it due to this issue). This is due to renew next month but I am considering leaving as this is a huge inconvenience to my work and socials.

When I try to make calls I get a message saying I cannot make calls as I have reached my capped limit. This is not the case according to your own website when checking my info. So right now I am paying for something I cannot use.  I need this resolving ASAP. Any takers?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @joni2948,

Having trouble with live chat?

Try PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages.

It’s best to contact iD between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

I also have the same problem, and am on my 4th iD Mobile live chat in a week to try and fix it …

1st time I was told to remove SIM and reboot phone - this did not fix it.

2nd time you said you would send me a new SIM - put SIM in and this did not fix it

3rd time you said you would put credit on the account so that the cap is lifted. It is still not working

4th call, they tried to tell me that UK landline and mobile phone numbers were not covered by my Value Bundle that gives me unlimited calls and texts.

I have spent more than a day in the last week in conversations with and not resolved

Anyone got a fix for this, as iD mobile themselves don’t seem to be able to.

If they can’t get this to work, then I can’t be their customer, and will have to go to another provider.

Also … for some reason I see on my account portal that my bundle is “depleted” - what does that mean, is that the reason? The iD Mobile agent I am chatting with now says that they don’t know … (and I have never put top-up credit on my account since I created it over a year ago, have never needed to do so it’s very unlikely to be the problem) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DMcNeight,

The bundle expires on 22/04/22 so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Can you advise if you have tried the SIM in a different handset?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?