Solved

Unable to make calls, texts, or use mobile data because of "capped limit" even though I have unlimited minutes and texts

I pay for a contract that renews every month (due to renew next week). The contract has unlimited calls and minutes. In the last few days, its not been allowing me to make calls or texts and is saying I’ve reached my capped limit and need to make a payment.

I go on the app, it says my contract is still in date, I still have data, and unlimited minutes and calls and the contract is due to renew next week.

I haven’t been calling/texting any chargeable numbers, I’ve just been calling 07 numbers. 

I can’t even ring anyone to solve the issue now. This is very poor service!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 8 June 2022, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Either iD’s billing system has got it wrong or you’ve been (unknowingly) doing something chargeable.

As you’ve discovered iD Mobile are 100% online for help and support, so use their Live Chat service to contact an iD agent - they’ll look at your iD account while you’re chatting.
To speak to an agent, type “talk to a person” after getting connected on the online chat. 

You can also get help & assistance by contacting iD privately via their facebook page or Twitter page.

The iD agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends.

I am unable to make any calls or use data and am hearing a message saying I have no credit, but I have paid for a monthly unlimited package which the app shows does not expire until 4th October (screen shot attached)

Im about to leave for the airport to catch a flight and will be away all weekend with urgent need of data so this couldn’t have happened at a worse time. I will now be forced to spend another £20 in  order to avoid this.

Can someone explain to me how/why this has happened?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @LondonNick, have you tried restarting your phone - sometimes that fixes issues like this.

Otherwise, you’ll probably need to contact iD and ask them to look at your iD account.

Get in-touch with an iD agent using the Live Chat service - they’ll look at your iD account while you’re chatting. To speak to an agent, type “talk to a person”, after getting connected on the online chat. 

You can also get help & assistance by contacting iD privately via their facebook page or Twitter page.

The iD agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@LondonNick,

Did you manage to resolve this or do you still require assistance?

If so please let us know here and we can assist you further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Is anyone else experiencing loss of mobile data ? I’ve tried rebooting several time and there is nothing  ! I can only use my phone in house on my Wi-Fi  outside emergency only ..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Angela 1308 

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your mobile data, there has been a small outage recently that may have affected this, however this has been resolved at this stage.

Have you checked your postcode on the Three Outage Checker to see if there’s an outage reported in your area?

Let us know how you’re getting on with your data!

Thanks, Tom

Why iD Mobile?