Question

unable to pay final bill

• 26 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I cancelled my ID mobile contract within the cooling off period and returned the handset. In order to cancel all I had to set up ID mobile account to create a PIN number to be able to chat with customer service.  I can see that I have bill of £10.77 outstanding but I have not been able pay it online or using the automated phone service. I have been told there is no other ways to pay, so what do I do now? When I go to Billing with my app or laptop, every time I click on the latest bill, the page throws me back to the login page. When I have used the automated phone service , it doesn’t recognise my ID mobile number and when I choose 9 as advised by the complaints department I still get an automated reply that does not allow me to make a payment !!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Pat03,

If you chose a pay monthly plan, you’ll have setup a direct debit for iD - did you cancel this?

If you haven’t, don’t!

Your final bill will be collected by DD on the next billing cycle for your closed account.

However, if you want to sort this quickly, use Live Chat to get through to an iD agent.
Once connected, type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

For an iD agent, chat 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays.

Anyway, good luck. 

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I did cancel the direct as I didn’t realise I would receive a bill for having the phone for less than 24hrs as I sent it straight back to ID mobile. Thanks for the tip about live chat, hopefully I’ll get to speak to someone in person 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not a problem @Pat03 - contract starts the day you place the order.

Hope you manage to get it sorted, because iD are quick to pass unpaid bills to a debt collection agency.

Good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Pat03, just checking in to see if you managed to speak to someone?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?