Question

Unable to register

• 12 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to register with ID mobile and also to register the app on my phone. I’ve received several emails telling me to reset PIN etc. I cannot register as it askes for a 8 digit reference number that should be sent to me. Is this sent to my new phone number or my old one? This is unhelpful as I have not received my SIM after a week. I also cannot even find where to get help via chat as it asks for the same 8 digit reference number. If I can’t even ask anybody at ID for an answer I may have to cancel and go elsewhere.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Martychris, these account registration codes are sent by SMS alone, to the mobile number linked to your iD account.

When I joined iD and tried to register, the system for sending these codes wasn’t working properly.

I just tried once or twice a day for a few days, and eventually was able to register.

If you’re in a hurry, get assistance from the iD Mobile social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message - DM).

The normal iD support hours are 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends.

Social media pick-up messages outside the support hours, when they next start work.

Good luck @Martychris

Userlevel 1

Mobile number linked to my account? So I guess that is the new number and not my current number with a different network (I haven’t transferred it yet). If it’s the new number and I do not receive the SIM, my only option is to register with social media?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Martychris, not having the iD SIM you’ve ordered is a problem.

iD start charging your account on the day your order’s dispatched - iD SIM cards are sent by Royal Mail 1st class post and should arrive within 3-5 days (strikes permitting).

You don’t need to register to use your iD SIM - it’s just easier to manage your iD account online instead of calling 7777 from your iD phone, or 0333 003 7777 from another phone (charges may apply).

You may need to get a replacement SIM from iD - not such a great start with iD.

Good luck @Martychris.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Mobile number linked to my account? So I guess that is the new number and not my current number with a different network (I haven’t transferred it yet). If it’s the new number and I do not receive the SIM, my only option is to register with social media?

Hello @Martychris,

If you have not received your iD SIM card please let us know and we can check on this further and issue a replacement.

You don’t need an account to start using the services as it is active from the get go.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?