Question

Unable to Register - PAC has switched today

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am unable to register my account. The PAC has switched over today, as a planned date when purchasing this contact, from my old provider to iD.

Sim works - shows iD as provider. It calls out as my ported number and call in are received on this number too.  

However, I cannot register my account.

My iD mobile number is the number I ported over.

I’ve tried my surname as a mix of lower and upper case.

DOB is correct.

Each time I tick the captcha box and submit, I get: 

“Oops, the details you've entered are incorrect. Please try again.”

Any ideas as really would like to get this set up!

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the iD online systems haven’t caught up with the fact your number transfer has been completed today @Davedoubleu.

Having calls, texts and mobile data working properly after a number transfer is a good start @Davedoubleu - judging by some of the topics posted in this forum.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response @andewhite ... I'll try again tomorrow 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Davedoubleu,

This is likely the case as @andewhite  has advised.

It can take some time for it to fully update which is why we say to allow up to 10PM for the port.

Check again now if you can since register and let us know if you have issues.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohammed ,

Just tried again - still no luck. Same message on either desktop browser on on app...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Mohammed ,

Just tried again - still no luck. Same message on either desktop browser on on app...

Have you ever been an iD Mobile customer, or is the first time you’ve used their service?

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite ,

First time using their service.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes entering your SURNAME entirely in CAPITAL letters helps. 

If your surname contains a hyphen, omitting the hyphen can help too - good luck @Davedoubleu

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite … Although still getting the same error. Have tried all uppercase, all lower case and usual first letter upper and rest lower! No hyphen in my surname.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you get the same error message at: 

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/forgot-username/

Userlevel 1

slightly different… I get the following:

“ Your iD mobile number was not recognised. Please check and try again or register here. “

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well that should rule out the existence of an existing iD account online, with your details. 

Unfortunately, seems you’re now at the mercy of the iD boffins - hopefully, they’ll get their heads together and resolve the issue. 

I’d suspect iD will need to speak to the vendor that supplied the system for iD customers to manage their accounts online. Several parties could be involved - might take a while. 
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Davedoubleu 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?