Solved

Unexpected bill increase no additional charges

• 25 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi is there a reason why my bill has increased from £38.99 to £42.03 without permission, consent, warning or explanation? I was never told why my bill increased or informed that it will when I took out my plan. I’ve never had a plan increase without being told so why is this happening?? And for clarity there hasn’t been any additional charges or extra charges on my bill. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 25 April 2022, 09:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Annual price increase  It's all in the terms and conditions you agreed to when taking out the contract.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/retail-price-index

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thank you for your speedy response, and as per the contract “You'll also receive a text from us confirming the 7.8% increase, which will apply from your April bill.” 

I received no message or communications whatsoever so again why is that?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The page I linked to is just an explanation and not part of any contract or said terms & conditions. iD Mobile do not have to text or communicate with you going by what is written within the Terms & Conditions.

This is what is written in the Terms & Conditions which is part of your contractual agreement:

(https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions)

12.23 The Charges you pay will adjust (up or down) in line with changes to the Retail Price Index Rate (RPI Rate) set by the Office of National Statistics. However, we will not apply RPI rate increases to our 1 months Sim Only contracts. We will adjust Charges with effect in your April bill after the RPI Rate is announced for the previous 12 months to February. The Charges will be adjusted by multiplying them by 1 + RPI Rate (as a percentage). We will publish the RPI Rate on our website at www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/retail-price-index as soon as it becomes available. Any price adjustment up or down under this Clause will not give you the right to end this Agreement under Clause 8.5.3.

RPI price adjustment examples using 19th February 2021 RPI rate change:

Old monthly line rental (incl VAT) % increase New monthly line rental after RPI is applied (incl VAT)
£9.99 1.4% £10.12
£14.99 1.4% £15.19
£19.99 1.4% £20.26
Why iD Mobile?