Solved

upgrade

• 21 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I've recently upgraded and had new handset again but this time I was unable tk keep my own number I had Iver my last few contracts also I had to create a new account with app..but the main reason I need advice is because I've had my new contract but my old one is still active and I'm being billed it should of ended and my account passed over why is this happening 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 March 2023, 08:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably because your upgrade wasn’t actually an upgrade, instead a mistaken purchase of a ‘new’ iD handset contract.

You need to do a triangle port to keep the mobile number you want @Rhysd642.

A triangle port involves transferring the number you want to keep (using a PAC), to a different network provider’s PAYG SIM, then back again to iD Mobile, to use with the iD plan you want to keep.

When you use a PAC, the new provider closes the ‘old’ account on the network you’re leaving.

Userlevel 1

All my contracts have been with Id mobile never had this problem till now dose anyone know how to end my old contact old contract 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Assuming the old contract has the number you want to keep, get a PAC for that number from iD. When you use the PAC, your old account will be closed.

If you don’t want to keep the old account, just tell iD to close the account, which will take 30-days. Use the iD live chat service to tell them.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rhysd642 

It sounds like your recent order wasn’t actually an upgrade but instead was a new plan entirely, unfortunately as you wouldn’t be able to move your number directly from the old iD Mobile plan to the new one we’d recommend getting in contact and returning the new plan as long as you’re still in your returns period.

As mentioned above by @andewhite it could be an idea to process a triangle port, by moving from the old plan to another networks Pay As You Go SIM and then from that to the new iD Mobile plan via PAC codes.

If you need any help with this please let us know so we can assist.

Tom

Ant to get a new phone , upgrade 

I want to up grade my phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Toptotti,

Welcome to the Community!

You can look at your upgrade options via the app or your account online.

Please visit the link below for further information.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades

Kash

Why iD Mobile?