Question

upgrade

• 22 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I am due an upgrade and on my dashboard its says I can get a Samsung s23 and it's an online exclusive but when I click on view this deal that offer doesn't come up. Can someone please advise. 

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried doing this online from in your “My iD Account”, using a web browser, @AndyH60

Have you discussed your upgrade options with the iD telephone sales team? 
Contact sales on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours. 

Userlevel 1

I have used the Web browser and gone through my account and the online exclusive upgrade deal fir the S23 is still not an option?  I would prefer just to look at different deals open to me on my account than contact sales unless I really have to. Tia

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @AndyH60, perhaps any eligible deals shown in the iD app, and online in your iD account, might not meet expectations or actually turn-out to be available.

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t appear to offer existing customers much flexibility for upgrading, judging by other topics in this forum. In addition, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

If you’re currently in a 24-month minimum term handset contract, you can’t upgrade until you’re within the final 60-days of the current minimum term. Any upgrade within this period would have to be the same price per month, or higher than the existing contract.

Userlevel 1

I only currently have a SIM which is now out of contract so I was looking to get a new 24 month phone contract now.  I will see if anyone from ID get back to me.  Thanks for your input though 👍 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does the “View all upgrade deals” link in your recommended deal screen work? 
Perhaps the S23 exclusive offer will appear there… 🤞

Userlevel 1

No, they both take me to the same thing which lists different phones but not the S23 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @AndyH60, perhaps iD have got their wires crossed, as they appear to be offering something you’re not eligible to purchase as your upgrade.

Probably not the first time this has happened, nor the last.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AndyH60,

Welcome to the Community!

If you click the deal and the same deal doesn’t show it would mean that you aren’t eligible for it.

Please feel free to give our Sales Team a call on 020 7139 1397 to see if anything else can be offered.

Kash

Userlevel 1

So can I ask why its on my dashboard if I can't have it???

That's a rubbish deal anyway. I only pay £40 for the S23 Ultra and the difference is crazy

Userlevel 1

My partner only pays £28 for hers so yours is quite expensive for £40.  But the point being whether I wanted the offer or not if its on my dashboard as my recommended deal and online exclusive then it should be available if I click on it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My partner only pays £28 for hers so yours is quite expensive for £40.  But the point being whether I wanted the offer or not if its on my dashboard as my recommended deal and online exclusive then it should be available if I click on it. 

That’s not unreasonable @AndyH60, although I’d suspect you’d need stamina + willpower to get iD Mobile to honour the upgrade offer presented on your iD app dashboard.

Maybe the S23 Ultra is more per month than the no-frills S23 model.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @AndyH60 

Upgrade offers may show generically, sorry about this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?