Solved

Upgrade declined due to failed internal security checks

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I’ve seen a few threads on this topic, though none seem to give a straight forward answer. 

My existing ID mobile contract is eligible for an early upgrade. Yesterday I went to place the order for the upgrade through the Carphone Warehouse site as IDs own upgrade site appears to be down at the moment.  

I placed the upgrade order and shortly after I received a text from CPW saying that they needed more info to process the order. I called them up and found that the issue was that my address didn’t match the address on my ID account. After fixing that on my ID account, CPW confirmed my details now matched and proceeded with their “internal security checks”. At this point I was told that those checks had failed, though they couldn’t tell me why. The person I was speaking to spoke to his manager and was told that this happens from time to time and there was a number I could call to straighten it out and prove that I was the account holder. I took the number from them, went to call it and noticed that I’d jotted it down wrong. Called CPW back to get the correct number and a different number employee told me that there was nothing I could do to fix the issue and that I’d need to wait 30 days before trying to place the order again. 
From reading through other threads on this topic, when those 30 days are up and I go to place my order again I’m likely to be in the exact same situation. 

Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Another thread mentions that going into CPW with 2 forms of addresses but my nearest one is 30 miles away I don’t fancy that unless I’m sure it’ll be helpful. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 April 2024, 13:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @kylewright94, placing an order with Carphone Warehouse (CPW) could result in a new network connection to the iD Mobile network.

Were CPW to accept and process your order, you might end-up with two iD Mobile contracts, which may not be what you want to do. 

You can discuss upgrade options for your iD contract, by calling the iD telephone sales team, on 020 7139 1397 or 0800 049 0250.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite that makes sense, thanks for your response. I’ll try calling up instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @kylewright94 

What @andewhite mentions isn’t completely correct, Carphone Warehouse are indeed able to process upgrades, not just new contracts, however it always worth clarifying that what you’re looking at is an upgrade to an existing plan, not a new plan.

There has been some issues with the sales systems recently, however these should all be cleared up now, you’ll be able to upgrade through Carphone Warehouse (provided all details on our and their side match up) or you’ll be able to upgrade via ourselves.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?