Question

upgrade imessages not working

New upgrade and imessage not working, i have signed in to apple id to check the phone number is no longer attached to the other phone and its not. 

id chat also a waste of time and no one available to chat for hours and when it does connect to someone it cuts off! 

can anyone please help 

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried:

1. Turning OFF iMessage in Settings > Messages. 
  2. Turning OFF FaceTime in Settings > FaceTime.
  3. With iMessage and FaceTime turned OFF, do a Network Reset.
  4. After step (3) has completed, turn ON iMessage and turn ON FaceTime.

Good luck @Maria Q.

Thanks for your reply, how do you do a network reset? 

Iv just reset the network settings and still having the same problem

im using my old sim card from my old phone, as id emailed to say no sim will be issued with upgrade…. Could this be the issue

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

With iMessage turned OFF can you send text messages @Maria Q

Have you looked at the online Apple support article https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204065?

Yes i can send messages by text message but not imessage and facetime not working too 

Any yes i went on the link and everything it advises to do is correct on my phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, iMessage and FaceTime are 100% Apple services, which need an Internet connection to work - either by using Wi-Fi network or mobile internet data. 

If you don’t have a Wi-Fi network connection, or mobile data connection, these Apple services may not work. 

It sounds like Apple’s services still ‘think’ your iD mobile number is linked to your ‘old’ iPhone.

Connected to wifi,

So this is an apple issue? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Maria Q, if you’re using a Wi-FI network connection and iMessage doesn’t work, there’s a problem with your Apple device using the Apple iMessage service. 

Been on the phone to apple for over an hr this morning, all my settings are correct they said id have not set up sms configuration correctly 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What’s the error message you’re getting when you try and send an iMessage @Maria Q
A screen-shot would be great.

You said in your earlier posts that you can send SMS text messages on your iPhone, so how can the SMS configuration be incorrect?

Id have no advised to go get a new sim from currys and hopefully that will resolve…. So will be collecting a new sim later this evening and hopefully this will be resolved 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure when you took the screen-shot @Maria Q, but you should probably check the time zone is set correctly on your iPhone.

Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, and make sure time zone shows “London”.

Also, double-check you can send and receive SMS (turn OFF iMessage to do this test).

Have done, done all of that. Time zone is correct. Im receiving some txts but not all showing. I had some comw through on my apple watch but not showing on my iphone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your Apple watch using an eSIM, or is it tethered to your iPhone?

Anyway, I’d suggest turning OFF your Apple Watch when you’re trying to complete the iMessage activation on your new iPhone. 

Good luck @Maria Q

Its linked to my iphone, yes my watch was off when doing the activation, have done since again and still same issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Maria Q 

As @andewhite suggests iMessage and FaceTime are fully Apple’s systems and we have at iD Mobile have no control over them, if you’ve upgraded and stayed on the same SIM card we’d have made no changes to the way the SIM card itself is provisioned or the number on the SIM card, unfortunately we can only suggest to speak with Apple support further on this and ensure that they have the correct number for you in their systems and not another number.

It may be worth backing your device up and performing a factory reset of the device.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?