Solved

Upgrade not Working

• 18 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Though I selected an upgrade via My Account, I have been sent a new SIM card that seems to be connected to a brand new account as I have a new number. This means I have two active direct debits instead of just the one. 

I don’t know how to resolve this as there’s no way of getting in contact with anyone from ID Mobile. 

Should I cancel the old account (possibly lose my old number, which is really what I want to avoid) or cancel the new one and start again (possibly end up with the same problem or three accounts)? Having said that I don’t even know how to cancel as there’s literally no way of talking to anyone. 

I’ve always recommended ID Mobile plans but now something is not working I can see how impossible it is to get anything fixed. 

Any advice welcome...

icon

Best answer by owallisjackson 18 February 2022, 11:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I managed to have this sorted via the Live Chat. The two agents were very helpful. But the second, who helped me actually upgrade after the first one cancelled what I though was an upgrade but actually was a new line, suggested that the issue was caused by me not having an online account and using the app (a glitch in ID Mobile system perhaps) - also a tad confusing as I have both an online account and the app. 

But problem solved and I would recommend when upgrading be online with an agent so they can confirm instantly if you have actually upgraded!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @owallisjackson,

That’s frustrating, but sounds like you ordered a new contract not an upgrade.

For help, use the iD Live Chat service or try sending a PM to iD via facebook or twitter.

Getting a PAC will cancel a contract, but you might be charged if you cancel early on a 12 or 24 month plan.

To keep the number from your original contract get a PAC from iD for the number you want to keep, and move it to another network - on a cheap PAYG plan.

Once that’s sorted, you can get a PAC from the new network to move the number you want to keep back to iD.

Anyway good luck.

Why iD Mobile?