Solved

upgrade plan

• 18 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I've had my Samsung galaxy s21 phone for well over 2 years. I had started my 2 year contract around February 2021. My contract was up beginning of this year but I decided to carry on using my S21 phone without up grading in the hope for my monthly fee to drop. I must admit that did not appear to happen. I've only decided to check my ID app to see about upgrading. I was surprised to see that the app told me I could not until 2025 because I started a new plan. How has this happened.  I'm using an old phone. My 2 year contract was up. Have I been paying to much, because I should have paid for the phone after the 2 years. The phone should be mine now and I should be paying for the usage only and not be tied up in another contract, in which I did not agree to.

Can someone please get back to me, many thanks.

Jonathan 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 October 2023, 22:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your iD handset contract had a minimum term, usually 24-months. 

What happens upon completion of the minimum term is left for the customer to decide. The contract never ends as such, unless one of the contract parties decides to cancel. 

You can speak the iD sales team to discuss your upgrade options @Jonathan Howells.
Call them on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jonathan Howells,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that @andewhite  has answered your question.

If there is anything else that you require assistance with, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Can I just say this is not solved, not by along shot. I'm presently being sent to pillar to post. I called the number you suggested. They passed me to currys then to carphone warehouse where she just cut me off, had to ring back up only to be told I need to get in touch with ID. 

What is the number for ID customer services please.

Thankyou.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can I just say this is not solved,

What is the number for ID customer services please.

Thankyou.

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t offer telephone customer service @Jonathan Howells

The online options are: 

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 bot). 
  • Private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • Direct Message using X (Twitter).

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks @andewhite

Great, can't stand live chat,  i take too long to type 🙄 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jonathan Howells,

All our Customer Service is based online.

Please let us know if you would like us to PM you, alternatively you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash I have now used fb messenger and the problem is sorted thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jonathan Howells,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?