Question

Upgrade results in me having two numbers and two accounts

• 7 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I upgraded my out of contract Samsung, and was duly sent the new ‘phone.  A SIM card was included with the delivery, and online stated that if my original SIM was old, then the new one would replace it.  I installed the SIM, following online instructions only to find that I now have a  new number, and the old SIM still works with my old number in the new ‘phone.  I am now expecting two bills this month.  How do I cancel the new SIM and port the old one onto the new contract?

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you’ve purchased a new connection with the new phone, instead of upgrading your existing iD contract, @cjferguson80.

Unfortunately you can’t transfer the mobile number from one iD account to another iD account. 

To use the number you want to keep with the new iD handset contract, you would need to perform a triangle port @cjferguson80.

Alternatively, use the returns process (in the cooling off period) of your new handset contract, then later on try upgrading from the eligible offers shown when you’re signed-in to your iD online account (iD app).

Can I just check your credentials andewhite - you work for IDMobile, or is the advice merely your considered opinion?  (Don’t be offended by the question plesae).

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @cjferguson80, I don’t work for iD Mobile - my reply was my own opinion, to perhaps help understand why two accounts have been created.

The fastest way of engaging with iD support is to use one of their primary support channels: 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @cjferguson80,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that you managed to get in touch via one of the methods that @andewhite provided.

If you require further assistance, please let us know here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?