Solved

upgrade sim only

• 3 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking to upgrade on my sim only to give me more data for less per month. If i upgrade via the app do i keep my mobile number?  My phone can be used for work so i need to keep my number. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Taye Stone 3 January 2022, 13:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Be very careful.

Apparently I should have been offered a PAC code to keep my existing number, but I didn’t see anywhere to request one, so now I appear to have two accounts and two phone numbers!

And I can’t find any way to ask for help on this.

Userlevel 4

Yeah, you'd keep your number if you upgrade via the App.

Carol, it sounds like you've taken out a new number rather than upgraded. iD don't take their own PAC codes, so that wouldn't work. Best bet is cancelling your newest line with the number you don't want, and upgrading the line with the number you do want.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Taye. So if i just upgrade via the app do i need to change sims or anything? Apologies im struggling to find informations anywhere. 

Userlevel 4

No, no new SIM required if you do it as a tariff change. 

I think it does give you the option for one, but you don't need it

Userlevel 1

Taye. Thank you.

Hi there! I've got the sim card like a year ago and i would like to keep the sim card but also i would like to get a phone contract !

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Denisa Brandibur, you’ll need to check the Upgrades section of the app or our website to see if you’re eligible. Learn more here.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?