Solved

Upgrade to SIM only

• 25 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi community! I upgraded yesterday to a sim-only plan on the phone with an agent. Everything was fine until later in the afternoon when I received a message saying:

Great news! Your SIM activation is in progress. We'll send you a text once it's complete.

Since then, I have not had any mobile service. Operator mentioned that if prompted on the app to Activate the new SIM, I should have selected no, so to keep my existing one. When I logged in the app, I was not asked that question so I just assumed all would be resolved swiftly and mobile network would resume. Can anyone advise on this? I suspect that I will now have to wait for the new SIM to arrive and activate it, which is far from ideal as I will likely have to wait until Tuesday. 

Looking forward to hearing from the community and thank you so much in advance. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 25 February 2024, 12:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Maybe wait till monday. It’s the weekend so probably not been processed yet. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi community! I upgraded yesterday to a sim-only plan on the phone with an agent. Everything was fine until later in the afternoon when I received a message saying:

Great news! Your SIM activation is in progress. We'll send you a text once it's complete.

Since then, I have not had any mobile service. Operator mentioned that if prompted on the app to Activate the new SIM, I should have selected no, so to keep my existing one. When I logged in the app, I was not asked that question so I just assumed all would be resolved swiftly and mobile network would resume. Can anyone advise on this? I suspect that I will now have to wait for the new SIM to arrive and activate it, which is far from ideal as I will likely have to wait until Tuesday. 

Looking forward to hearing from the community and thank you so much in advance. 

Sounds like the new SIM has been activated, therefore disabling the old one. Do you have a Curry’s nearby? You could pop in and pick up a free replacement today if you don’t want to wait for the new SIM to arrive.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for replying to me! I might pop in Curry's tomorrow then. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @chiccolat,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we can help you out here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Gladly reporting that I picked a new SIM and the matter was resolved immediately! Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@chiccolat,

Glad to hear that this is sorted.

If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?