Question

upgraded sim

• 23 February 2024
  • 4 replies

On sim only,  have upgraded through the app to new sim deal.  Will the new sim work on my number or do I have to port the number around 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What you need to do depends on what it is you did. If you purchased a whole new plan rather than just switching your existing plan to a new one, then you will need to port out and port back in. If you changed plan, then you need to do nothing.

I just changed plan within the app,  I have a new sim card through the post,  which says already activated but my new upgrade and monthly amount hasn't changed 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I just changed plan within the app,  I have a new sim card through the post,  which says already activated but my new upgrade and monthly amount hasn't changed 

If you’ve received an activated iD SIM card, sounds like you’ve purchased a new plan, @Rose-Marie.

If you don’t want the new plan, just return your order within the cooling off period.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Rose-Marie 

Have you been given a new iD Mobile number? Are BOTH SIM cards getting a signal? If so, this is a new, completely separate plan.

If you’ve upgraded to a new deal, you may be sent a new SIM card, you don’t need to activate and use this as the upgrade will be accessible on your current SIM card.

It might take a little bit of time for the app/website tariff to update to the new upgraded plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?