Question

Using mobile connection on laptop with wlan card, linux & kde

• 15 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Good afternoon all,

I have a Lenovo laptop which I am dual booting with windows 11 and linux. I have an internal wlan card fitted, and an iD sim card. Under windows, the connection automatically works, and I have a connection to 3 set up by the software on the computer. I also dual boot this machine and have recently installed plasma6. I was please to see that mobile connections can be managed through the networkmanager interface, but have been unable to find out enough information to make the the connection succeed. There is a field in the dialog box for setting up “Number”, but it is unclear which number should be entered. The number which is in this field on creation of the record is *99#, but this doesn’t seem to work, nor does entering the phone number for the SIM.

So simple question - has anyone been able to set up mobile operation with NetworkManager, or (better still) under plasma, (ideally plasma6). If you have succeeded, what were the settings you used?

Many thanks!

ps: If I do find out how to do it, I will come back and post the details below this message in case others have the same challenge in the future.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @pauljewell,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately this isn’t something that I have much knowledge about.

However hopefully someone with more information on this will be able to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?