Question

Very poor signal

• 28 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi, my area is SY23. I'm using ID since one year and a half, never had the best signal but it was acceptable. Since 2 months signals get really poor, so often no connection at all.

As an example I can send and receive WhatsApp messages but I can't send or receive photos, I can't make a video call. I can't watch Instagram stories, you tube videos. I can't listen Spotify. I need to use card reader for my work over my mobile connection, most of the time I have problems. I'm not even talking about watching stream channels.

I know ID is of the cheapest options but if that means such poor signal it doesn't worth it at all.

Even though it shows full connection, can't able to open a simple google page. (photo attached) 

Everytime I swith off and on the mobile connection or the device but that doesn't work. This is really getting annoying. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked for any network problems in your area/areas using the network status checker page?

Now I checked and it says fixing an issue in this area. Wondering if that was the problem over the last 2 months.

Thank you anyway 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, these problems might have started 2 months ago, but you’d need to contact iD to find out.

Ask iD using their Live Chat service. 

Their Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays.  

You can also message iD Mobile directly from their facebook and twitter social media pages.

It could take a while to find out, because iD are a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). So, they’ll probably need to contact three (their network partner) for historical information about service disruptions.

I'll do that, thanks. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you decide to live chat, type “talk to a person” once you get connected.

You’ll avoid the 24/7 chat-bot by doing this - good luck!

Thank you so much for the tip. I was stuck with the chat bot and gave up already. Now try again. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Three have been fixing an issue in my area for the last six months. Three ain't fixing anything! It's congestion due to having more customers than they can handle.

Why iD Mobile?