Question

Very slow speeds

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I think there is bad congestion in my area. During the day my speeds are usually about 1megabit down.

Early in the morning it can be about 48mb which is more acceptable, but then during the day it drops to about 1mb.. Any suggestions ?

I am not even half way through my contract so leaving isn’t an option at the moment

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Simmy, welcome to the community! However, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing low data speeds.

From what you’ve described, it does sound like there’s network congestion in your local area. You’ll be able to view this on the network status checker below if this has been flagged:

Network Status Checker - check your signal and get support | Support | Three

However, there are a few methods that can help. Have you tried resetting your network settings? This can refresh your connection. I’ve left the steps on how to do this below depending on the phone:

For iPhone; Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android; Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

If this doesn’t help, feel free to let us know and we’ll be able to send you a PM to investigate the issue further.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?