Question

voicemail default not voice

• 31 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all, is there a way to set up the voicemail with just an ID mobile default message instead of having to record your name?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @shjunior,

You shouldn’t need to record your own message to access voicemail.

How you tried to listen to voicemails without recording the message?

Once you have a recorded message it can’t be changed to the default option.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash, my other half has a voicemail but it says she has to set up her voicemail first. She just wants the standard voicemail so doesnt want to record her own

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you need to record your name when setting up voicemail service @shjunior? 

I remember recording my name, and a personal greeting, when setting up my voicemail. It appears recording your name is a mandatory step in voicemail setup though.

The iD voicemail service is provided by Three UK (the iD network partner) - perhaps Three support pages or their online community might have some tips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @shjunior 

The voicemail service shouldn’t need or require a recorded message, you should be able to keep the default one.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I hadnt set up the voicemail but had recieved one and to allow myself to hear it I had to set up a personalised message which is ridiculous really

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @shjunior,

Sorry to hear that. 

Once you set a new greeting the default one is replaced.

You can record a new voicemail by dialling 123.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@ Kash and Tom

As a new customer i definitely am unable to access my voicemail without making a recording.

Perhapes this should be looked into rather than telling people that they shouldn't need to do this when clearly this is a common problem.

Userlevel 1

@ Kash and Tom

As a new customer i definitely am unable to access my voicemail without making a recording.

Perhapes this should be looked into rather than telling people that they shouldn't need to do this when clearly this is a common problem.

Hi @shjunior,

Sorry to hear that. 

Once you set a new greeting the default one is replaced.

You can record a new voicemail by dialling 123.

Kash

I think you should have an option for a default one or record

Userlevel 1

No, not given any other options. If i just say nothing then it tries again a couple of times before ending the call. If i press hash without saying anything it is the same outcome. Frustrating as i don't want to record my name or a message. Never had this problem with any other mobile provider...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No, not given any other options. If i just say nothing then it tries again a couple of times before ending the call. If i press hash without saying anything it is the same outcome. Frustrating as i don't want to record my name or a message. Never had this problem with any other mobile provider...

Just curious - what other providers have you used, @Jonmoore? 

Why iD Mobile?