Solved

voicemail settings

• 14 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all, when someone calls and I don’t answer I always get a text to say there’s a voicemail even if the caller doesn’t leave one. Is there a setting to stop the text but not turn voicemail off? Tia 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 14 April 2023, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think you can change this setting by calling the iD voicemail service, and then use the following sequence of menu options:

• 4 (“To change mailbox settings...”)
  • 0 (“For other options...”)
  • 3 (“To change how you’re notified of new messages...”)
  • 1 (“To change your notification by text settings...”)

Hopefully you can then turn off your text message voicemail alerts, which means you won’t know if you’ve got a new voice message, unless you call the iD voicemail service.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jez147,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that @andewhite has helped resolve your issue.

If you still require assistance, please let us know here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Didn’t really help as the problem I’ve got is I’m getting message notifications even when the caller doesn’t leave a message. If someone calls me and listens to my voicemail mail message then hangs up it thinks I have a message and I end up with loads of messages to delete even though no one has left one. If I switch the text message alert off it still happens. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Didn’t really help as the problem I’ve got is I’m getting message notifications even when the caller doesn’t leave a message. If someone calls me and listens to my voicemail mail message then hangs up it thinks I have a message and I end up with loads of messages to delete even though no one has left one. If I switch the text message alert off it still happens. 

I agree, it’s annoying getting a ‘blank’ voicemail.
I believe most voicemail services work this way unfortunately - hopefully the text alerts have stopped.

Userlevel 1

I think if voice mail started recording after a short period of time it would help. I’ve even tried leaving a blank space after my message but it ignores the blank and the beep comes after I’ve finished talking. 

Why iD Mobile?