Solved

Wait for sim before number transfer

• 24 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I've just signed up for ID and want to transfer my existing number, I’m still waiting for my ID sim to arrive (note I only placed the order yesterday so I’m not expecting it for a few days). I have my PAC code, if I go fill out the form now, will my current sim turn off before my ID sim turns up?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 24 January 2024, 15:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I've just signed up for ID and want to transfer my existing number,

, if I go fill out the form now, will my current sim turn off before my ID sim turns up?

It takes 3-5 working days for iD SIM cards to be delivered, from the date of their dispatch, @BnEc

Whether your new iD SIM card is delivered tomorrow, depends on the date of dispatch and the efficiency of Royal Mail.

If you give iD your PAC today - before 17:30 - your switch would happen tomorrow, meaning your old provider’s SIM would stop working tomorrow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BnEc 

Glad to see @andewhite could help here with the reply above.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Hi sorry to say this is still ongoing and apparently is with the tech team

This is mis advertising on ID mobile as they claim to switch numbers within 48hours and I'm still waiting.

Someone in the tech team needs to pull their finger out else I will take my custom elsewhere 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi sorry to say this is still ongoing and apparently is with the tech team

This is mis advertising on ID mobile as they claim to switch numbers within 48-hours and I'm still waiting.

Someone in the tech team needs to pull their finger out else I will take my custom elsewhere 

You could be hanging on for weeks, @Mandy.k

If you’re in the cooling off period of your iD contract, perhaps it’s time to get a returns number and go elsewhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mandy.k 

I’m sorry to hear this, please keep in contact with the team to continue your ticket with them.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?