Solved

What happens when my 24 month phone plan ends?

• 22 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I’d like to know what happens when iD take the final monthly payment of my 24 month contract, which will be on the 19/08?

I will not be upgrading or anything like that, as I am leaving to join another provider.

When you take said final payment next month, do I just cancel my direct debit, as it’s not at all clear what the process is, and I don’t want to be committed to another contract in any way?

I actually looked into ending my contract one month early and was shocked to find that you wanted £80! I pay £36 per month for an iPhone 11 with sim, and hadn’t even heard about ‘line rental’ being included.

All I wish to do is pay my final payment next month and then leave iD - how do I do this please?

Many thanks

Steve

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 July 2023, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SteveJarema,

When the contract ends, your contract will continue to be billed at an out of contract rate unless you make any changes to it.

This is either:

• Upgrading to a new handset contract
  • Upgrading to a SIM only contract
  • Cancelling via 30-day disconnection (losing number)
  • Cancelling via PAC code (Keeping number)
  • Cancelling via STAC code (losing number)

In your case, if you are keeping your number, then follow the steps for cancelling via PAC and use this PAC code to port out once the contract has expired.

If not, then use the process for STAC which instead cancels once your new network has processed the STAC code.

Additionally instead of the PAC OR STAC options, you can cancel via 30-day disconnection by providing 30-days notice to us to cancel. This cancels the contract in 30-days time.

NOTE: Cancelling your Direct Debit will NOT cancel your contract and may only negatively impact your credit score if there are missed/late payments.

Related articles here:

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?