Solved

When can I change my plan.

• 12 May 2023
  • 8 replies

My phone contract ends on 20th June 2023. I want to change to a sim only plan, once I’ve finished paying off my contract. My question is, what date will I be able to change my plan?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 May 2023, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

As soon as the minimum term, for your current iD contract, finishes.

Good luck @NightRail.  

Good luck @NightRail.  

Thanks for that. I realise that I have to wait until my contract finishes, but what would be the earliest date that I can change my plan? Would it be the very last day, or the day after? I’m just concerned about avoiding a break in my service.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @NightRail, when an iD contract’s minimum term ends, iD Mobile automatically change it to become a 1-month rolling contract, at the same monthly rate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good luck @NightRail.  

Thanks for that. I realise that I have to wait until my contract finishes, but what would be the earliest date that I can change my plan? Would it be the very last day, or the day after? I’m just concerned about avoiding a break in my service.

Hey @NightRail,

If you just want to change plans but remain on the same handset contract, you can do this every 30-days up until the maximum plan we offer.

For upgrading to a new handset contract, this is the last 60-days (your upgrade date).

For upgrading to a SIM only plan, this is the last 30-days.

So in this case, after 21/05/23 the SIM only options will be available.

Mohammed

So on the 22nd May I attempt to change my plan to sim only. All I’m offered are 2 deals which are of similar price to what I’m paying on my 2 year contract. The whole point was to save money with sim only deal. So, I still don’t have an answer to my original question, which was, when can I change to a sim only deal, that is considerably cheaper than my current contract price.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @NightRail,

When you log in and click “My Account” then “Upgrade” are you seeing a SIM only option?

If your contract expires on the 20th June 2023 as stated (and this is not the date you are simply eligible for upgrades) then you will see a SIM only option now.

Mohammed

All sorted now thanks. I didn’t realise that I should select upgrade, I was selecting change my plan. I don’t see a “Most Helpful” button anywhere, only Like or Quote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @NightRail,

Glad to hear that :)

That’s because the post already had a most helpful answer on it.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?