Solved

When will the data network issue be resolved in the centre of York YO1 postcode area

Userlevel 1

I have recently swapped over to ID Mobile from Vodafone and prior to doing so looked up the 4G coverage for where I live in central York on the ID Mobile website and all appeared fine, so went ahead with a 12 month contract.  However what I didn’t do (and with hindsight should have done!) was check the network status in the YO1 postcode area of York, which subsequently indicated there is an ongoing issue which needs fixing.  Is there anyway of finding out how long this issue will take to fix, as I am getting almost non-existent data coverage and having to use my  partners hotspot on her iphone with a Vodafone sim?  However, when I visited my Dad in Essex for a couple of days I got tremendous 5G speeds, so I now know that ID Mobile can work exceedingly well, but need it to work in York where I live - any advice would be most appreciated and apologies for slightly long first post!

icon

Best answer by Tom 10 May 2023, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andrew Mowle 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues in the YO1 area, if you have good signal in other areas this would definitely indicate the issues are local to YO1.

I see you’ve checked the area for outages, did you also check for the general coverage to see if that is usually good in the area?

We’d typically expect Three UK to fix any outages once they’re aware within 7 days, how long have you had issues in YO1?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much Tom for taking the trouble to respond to my newbie query!

The issues in YO1 appear to be ongoing for over a week now with this message:

“We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 06:15 pm 03 May 2023.”

Your message gives me hope that it may be coming towards the end of the issue, so roll on the solution!

Also for some reason I cannot log onto iD Mobile website to check status - I have to go to the three.co.uk site to check the ongoing status issues.

All the best

Andrew

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve had a similar message in my location for over 10-months @Andrew Mowle.

I suspect the message is linked to work Three UK are doing to improve their 4G network infrastructure so it can handle the increase in VoLTE calls once their 3G network is turned off at end of 2024.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite for your perspective on this though I hope the very slow data speeds are resolved sooner than 10 months!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely iD Mobile can provide any guidance regarding the duration of the work in your area.

iD would need to raise a request with Three, and in my experience the communication between iD and their network partner (Three UK) are very slow, or non-existent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Andrew Mowle what’s the full postcode of the area?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed - thanks for reaching out - full postcode is YO1 6LH

Many thanks

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andrew Mowle 

Thanks, taking a look the area is being hit with congestion today and has had planned work on the site since 20/04/23, we’d expect some issues in the area currently, sorry about this, Three UK are aware and working on it.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tom for confirming this - don’t suppose you can find out how long this will go on for as currently only able to use the data for 2 days a month when I visit my Dad in Essex where it works a treat on 5G!  Currently using Hotspot on my partner’s iphone on Vodafone network which works fine.  Am I able to reject the contract I have purchased which I first connected at the end of April 2023?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Andrew Mowle, We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there!

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?